Marple Township is a township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States. The Delaware County area was first settled by Quakers who came to Pennsylvania by the Delaware River on September 29, 1683. The ship they used was called the Endeavor. Marple Township was originally settled in 1684 and was recognized as a township in the same year. The original spelling of the township was Marpool, most likely named after the village of Marpoole in Cheshire, England.